El Acebuchal is a village that is nestled in a beautiful valley in the heart of the Parque Natural Sierra Almijara , and belonging to the municipality of Competa.
- Distances to local towns: Competa 12km ,Frigiliana 5km and Nerja 12km . Malaga and its international airport is 50km.
- The wildlife surrounding El Acebuchal is varied and includes eagles , vultures , hawks , foxes , wild boars , badgers , squirrels, owls , and the ever present mountain goat.
- The flora is equally varied. is home to many species of plants and trees including pines, juniper, hawthorn , broom , thyme , rosemary as well as orchids.
- The village is surrounded by peaks of medium height, regularly ascended by hikers.
- In the immediate vicinity the highest peak is Cerro Lucero, at 1720m high, and has a unique shape that provides a stunning background to the local area.